Healthy Chickpea Recipe for a Vegetarian and Vegan Diet | Chickpea Vegetable Stir Fry
Vegetarian and vegan diets are becoming increasingly popular as people become more aware of the health benefits of plant-based eating. Chickpeas are a great source of plant-based protein and can be used in a variety of recipes. This chickpea vegetable stir fry is a delicious and healthy meal that is perfect for vegetarians and vegans.
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 1 onion, diced
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 1 red bell pepper, diced
– 1 cup broccoli florets
– 1 cup cauliflower florets
– 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
– 2 tablespoons soy sauce
– 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
– 1 teaspoon sesame oil
– 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
– 1 teaspoon chili flakes
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
2. Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
3. Add the bell pepper, broccoli, and cauliflower and cook for another 5 minutes.
4. Add the chickpeas and cook for another 5 minutes.
5. Add the soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, ginger, and chili flakes and stir to combine.
6. Cook for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
7. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
8. Serve hot.
This chickpea vegetable stir fry is delicious served over a bed of brown rice or quinoa. It can also be served with a side of steamed vegetables or a green salad.
This recipe is a great source of plant-based protein, fiber, and vitamins and minerals. One serving contains approximately:
– Calories: 250
– Protein: 10g
– Fat: 9g
– Carbohydrates: 32g
– Fiber: 8g
– Vitamin A: 20%
– Vitamin C: 60%
– Calcium: 4%
– Iron: 10%
Q: Can I make this recipe gluten-free?
A: Yes, you can make this recipe gluten-free by using gluten-free soy sauce and gluten-free rice vinegar.
Q: Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
A: Yes, you can make this recipe ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop before serving.