Cheesy Broccoli Chicken & Rice Skillet Dinner
Cheesy Broccoli Chicken & Rice Skillet Dinner is a delicious one-pan meal that is easy to make and full of flavor. This dish is perfect for busy weeknights when you don’t have a lot of time to cook. It’s also great for meal prepping and can be made ahead of time and reheated for a quick and easy dinner.
This dish requires just a few simple ingredients:
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
– 1 teaspoon garlic powder
– 1 teaspoon onion powder
– 1 teaspoon paprika
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
– 2 cups broccoli florets
– 1 cup uncooked white rice
– 2 cups chicken broth
– 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Add the chicken cubes and season with garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, and pepper. Cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is cooked through.
3. Add the broccoli florets and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Add the uncooked rice and chicken broth and stir to combine. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and cover the skillet. Simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until the rice is cooked through.
5. Remove the skillet from the heat and stir in the shredded cheese. Serve warm.
Q: Can I use frozen broccoli for this recipe?
A: Yes, you can use frozen broccoli for this recipe. Just make sure to thaw it before adding it to the skillet.
Q: Can I use brown rice instead of white rice?
A: Yes, you can use brown rice instead of white rice. Just note that it will take longer to cook, so you may need to add additional chicken broth and cook for an additional 10-15 minutes.
Q: Can I use other types of cheese?
A: Yes, you can use other types of cheese such as mozzarella, Monterey Jack, or even a Mexican blend.
No cream of chicken. This is the peasant version I'll pass. Good Job Though
Looks so delicious. YES staying out of the fastfood drive-thru.
Damn that looks DELICIOUS
This one looks good with lots of cheese 🧀. I was wondering could I use minute type of rice, but I think I'll just regular.
Made this last night and it was HUGE hit with the family.
A good wholesome meal
This is a great recipe, thanks for sharing! I'll definitely make this this week, always have these ingredients in my home.
Check out their website loads of easy weeknight dinners 😁
Cheesy Broccoli, Chicken & Rice Skillet Dinner
Recipe – https://www.cookinginthemidwest.com/blog/chickenbroccolirice#recipe
1 lb chicken breast
2 TBSP butter
1 chopped onion chopped
1/2 tsp each of salt, pepper, and paprika
1 TBSP ranch seasoning
1 TBSP minced garlic
2 cups of chicken broth
1 cup white long grain rice
2 cups chopped broccoli
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
-Cut chicken into small pieces
-Roughly chop broccoli into smaller pieces (just be careful not to chop too small or it will completely fall apart while cooking)
-Add butter to a skillet over medium high heat
-Add chicken and spread out evenly in pan
-Season with salt, pepper, paprika, and ranch seasoning
-Once chicken is almost cooked through add chopped onions and minced garlic
-Add rice, broccoli, chicken broth
-Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium low, and cover with a lid
-Let cook covered for about 15 minutes or until rice is cooked
-Add about a cup of shredded cheddar cheese and stir
-Top with more cheese and cover with the lid to let the cheese melt or pop it in the oven under the broiler for just a few minutes
Enjoy! Let me know if you try it out!